Congratulations, you have been nominated for the SEO award 2.0! Please take a moment of your time to read the entire post. While the SEO award is not an official award, it’s a fun way of spreading motivation and inspiration, and it’s a way to unite SEO professionals, digital marketers and blogging experts. By participating you will increase your traffic, share inspiration and get some link juice flowing. I hope you will accept this award and enjoy answering the questions.
Who I am
For those who don’t know me my name is Debby Winter, I am an SEO consultant at DebbySEO and I help people to make decisions and put any plans they have into action. We are a trusted SEO agency dedicated to onsite, offsite and technical website optimization, graphic design and digital marketing. Our agency will SEO optimize your website and make it beautiful, easy to navigate, fast and responsive. We will create effective strategies according to your website’s needs, and we have the knowledge, skills and experience to handle your website’s SEO with graceful content adjustments and insightful advice.
Why Should you Participate?
Linking content related websites and pages will improve your website’s value and search engine rankings so you will score higher in the result pages. The SEO Award 2.0 has as purpose to unite professional bloggers, SEO experts and digital marketers. If you would like to participate (and why shouldn’t you) make sure to keep reading.
Top Blog posts about SEO
– 3 Free SEO Tools You can’t Miss Check your website at no cost with these free SEO tools. Here you will find online SEO software for better optimization, keyword research and backlinking. Let us help you rank on page 1 for your keywords with these free, powerful and efficient applications.
– Improve your business’ search ranking on Yahoo Tips on ranking better on the search engine result pages of the famous search giant Yahoo! This page was created about two weeks after I started this website. Currently DebbySEO is ranked number 1 on all major search engines for search queries like “affordable seo bay area”
– SEO for Small Business I wrote this post about Utopian SEO Reception and it received a lot of likes so I figured I would share it here. SEO reception is a new concept and you can read all about it in order to become more familiar with the affordable SEO services DebbySEO has to offer.
– 10 Ballet Videos with SEO Scores You Will Like Professional search engine optimization (SEO) for ballet dance studios. We are your #1 SEO management team ready to grow your business. You may have already noticed that we are not your regular SEO firm. DebbySEO provides interesting information on a variety of search related topics, make sure to follow, like and comment.
– What you didn’t know about SEO The most curious SEO facts about companies such as SEMRush, Ahrefs and others. Learn the secrets of SEO and join the pack. It’s never been a better time to become an SEO expert, or to aspire to become one. Optimize, optimize, optimize everything! Increase leads and sales with SEO services from DebbySEO.
1) Q) What age were you when you started working as an SEO consultant? A) If I remember correctly this was when I was 23 years old.
2) Q) Have you always worked with WordPress? Why? A) No, I just recently started working with WordPress again as I have always preferred HTML websites. They load faster, don’t get database errors, they don’t break due to updates, and they are not as buggy. I used to have a lot of WordPress sites back in 2005 but I stopped using them due to the issues mentioned and even brute force hacking and DDOS attacks which forced me to switch to really expensive web hosting solutions. WordPress sites are easy to SEO optimize and manage, but compared to static websites the downtime is usually longer.
3) Q) What is your favorite SEO Software? A) I use a variety of different software solutions, but if I would have to pick one to stick with it would probably be SEMRush.
4) Q) Have you met famous people that are active in the SEO or Digital Marketing industry? I once met Bill Gates, I know he’s not really an SEO but he owns Microsoft and Bing so I guess in a way that counts. I’m sure that if you ask him to SEO optimize a website he would know what to do. And I kinda like to meet Oleg Shchegolev from SEMRush, I have a few questions for him.
5) Q) What is your favorite Search Engine? A) It used to be Google but I changed to DuckDuckGo, not because I think the search results are better, but because I don’t like the idea of all my searches being tracked. I am not particularly fond of the monopoly Google has created and belief that most people fail to see how this power can be abused.
6) Q) How did you roll into digital marketing and SEO? A) I started doing SEO work in 1998, this is also the year that Google incorporated. Back then the biggest search giants were AOL and AltaVista, but the market was quickly conquered by Google. In those days I create webpages with Microsoft Frontpage, software such as Adobe DreamWeaver didn’t even exist yet. So being a nerd who loved creating websites I naturally rolled into digital marketing and SEO.
7) Q) What is are the best SEO results you have accomplished? A) I worked with a client for over 10 years and managed to keep increasing their online sales year after year. They went from 50 visitors a day when I met them, to over 20.000 visitors a day a few years later.
8) Could you provide us with 3 blogging tips, preferably those that will improve SEO? a) Always use your keywords in the title, the closer to the beginning of the title the better. b) Use keywords in your description and accurately describe here what people can find on the rest of the page. c) Make proper use of headers H2 and H3, it’s good for SEO, Google seems to like it a lot when you do this.
9) Q) If you could choose another job, what would it be? A) I really like being an SEO consultant and do not want another job, but if I really had to change what I am doing I would become a graphic designer.
10) Q) Have you ever lied to a client? Do you think SEO is really worth the money? A) No, I have never lied to a client. I think transparency is the single most important thing when working on an SEO job. It is our task to educate the client about every step of the process so they know what is being done and that they are getting good value for their money. Unfortunately some people are offering SEO services on the internet without having the knowledge on how to do this the right way, and there are webmasters who use cheap tricks to fool the search engines, something which will only work short term and which can get a website penalized or blacklisted. This also being the reason that I only do white hat SEO.
1) What do you think about the volatile changes in Google rankings due to Covid-19? Since we have never seen such a violent swings in search results before, did you think that this was due to a Google algorithm update?
2) What is your favorite SEO software? Do you prefer web based software?
3) Have you used services from famous software companies such as Ahrefs, SEMRush and Moz etc? Do you think these services are worth the money?
4) What is the biggest traffic increase you have been able to generate with SEO campaigns?
5) Do you think there are businesses that do not benefit from SEO?
6) What is in your opinion the most important advice on SEO for WordPress blogs?
7) Do you use plugins such as Yoast for optimization of your blog? Why?
8) Do you think it’s better to focus on a niche market or have website that focuses on a variety of topics?
9) Which SEO, Digital Marketer or Professional Blogger do you admire most? Why?
10) Where do you get your information to stay on top of algorithm updates, new SEO software and changes in the search engine industry?
11) ** BONUS QUESTION ** Are you up to date with Google’s core algorithm update which rolled out yesterday May 4th?
Sumedha Blogging tips on how to consistently blog without wearing yourself out.
Joanna Journals How to write for SEO.
Amorphous Narratives Guest posts are a good way of getting more recognition and backlinks which is good for SEO.
Mariah Jade Blog Increase site ranking through SEO and Google rankings.
Geek Mamas A total SEO overhaul.
If you read this post and you wish to participate please consider yourself nominated!
– Copy at least one SEO Award logo and place it on your website.
– Thank the person who nominated you and link to their website
– Introduce yourself and describe your top 5 blog posts
– Create at least one new image (SEO, Digital Marketing, or Pro Blogging related)
– Answer the 10 questions from the person who nominated you
– Create 10 new questions for your nominees
– Nominate at least 10 digital marketers, SEOs or Bloggers and let them know of the nomination by commenting on their site or sending them an email.
And most importantly have fun participating and answering the questions!!
With Love, Debby Winter