What does it take to market and position a great brand? Let’s have a look at Coca Cola. How does Coca Cola do in the search engines? When searching for the keyword “Coca Cola” in Google Search, a full page of landing pages that are relevant to Coca Cola are shown on the first page of Google Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). But they didn’t do this alone, keep on reading and get the full scoop.
Coca cola was first invented by an Atlanta-based pharmacy doctor named John Stith Pemberton, an American civil war veteran and biochemist. In its first year coca cola only sold 9 glasses of coca cola a day, for five cents each. A number that since that time has slightly expanded. It was however not until 1892 that Coca Cola incorporated.
Here’s something wholesome and delicious for you to enjoy.
In order to market their products at present, Coca Cola uses a mix of undifferentiated & mass marketing strategies as well as niche marketing strategies for specific products. Coke currently controls more than half the global market in carbonated soft drinks as well as a considerable chunk of the non-carbonated soft drinks.
Coke uses 300.000 tons of aluminum each year only in the U.S.
Around the world the average person consumes a Coke product every 4 days.
This means 7200 Coke products in an average lifetime.
Coca cola has a total revenue of 41 billion dollars a year, yes that’s right, that’s a 41 with 9 zeros! Last year they had an advertising budge of over $4.000.000.000 USD!!
Advertising is based on one thing. Happiness. And you know what happiness is? Happiness is the smell of a new car, it’s freedom from fear. It’s a billboard on the side of the road that screams reassurance that whatever you do is okay. You are okay.
Coca Cola offers over three and a half thousand different bottled products ranging from sodas, to bottled waters, to iced-T’s and coffees.
Coca Cola doesn’t target a specific segment but adapts its marketing strategy by developing new products. 1.
So what is the Coca Cola brand build upon?
Well, Coca Cola has trained our brain to associate their brand with happiness, friends, relaxation, love and good times. Coke always tries to target the family, and rather than focusing on selling a single drink, Coke focuses on selling an abstract positive concept, something which they’ve done very well at.
Coke is so popular that is probably the best known company internationally. As much as SEO is concerned, Google has been working with the SEO agency iCrossing since 2007. iCrossing SEO optimized all content and added additional footage to the mix which contributed in Coca Cola setting a new record of getting more than four million visits.
Also check out the following articles on Coca Cola:
1. Top 10 Things Not to Do at the First Sale of Coca Cola Dr. John Pemberton claims his new invention Coca Cola can cure everything from hysteria to the common cold.
2. The Okinawa style Coca Cola bottle If you like to see these really cool coke bottles you will have to visit the flyingtofu blog. I admit I had never seen anything like it. The white zero calories Coca Cola Plus bottles are awesome as well.
3. A Bear-Sized Footprint Always cool, always Coca Cola. An article about the Coca Cola mascot and the impact of Coca Cola on our environment.
4. A Coca Cola marketing blunder for the ages Read about the Coca Cola marketing mistake that caused more than 400.000 angry calls and letters to flood the company’s headquarter in Atlanta.
5. A successful Coca Cola marketing campaign Read about the “Share a Coke” campaign, see cool things you have never seen before, and learn more about marketing.
6. Find your natural hair color with Coca Cola Make thin hair fluffy and make your natural hair color come back. Believe it or not, people are washing their hair with Coca Cola!